Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Times of Love

 I want a 2pm kind of love. A "lets sit on the couch and read or watch a show" kind of love. A ‘forehead kisses and goodbye kisses’ kind of love. I want warm company and picnics in the backyard on sunny days. I want to wake up from a nap on the couch to find a blanket tucked around my shoulders. I want a ‘looked up from my book to find you smiling at me’ kind of love. A ‘splashing in puddles in the summer rain’ and a ‘playing video games in the middle of the night’ kind of love. A "honey I'm home!" and a ‘baking cookies in the kitchen’ kind of love.

I want a 7am kind of love. A ‘warm hug under the blankets’ kind of love. I want sleepy good morning kisses and warm cups of coffee and tea. I want to enjoy the smell of breakfast and getting dressed. A ‘slow awakening and foggy brainpower ‘kind of love. A ‘fuzzy pajamas and stocking feet’ kind of love. A "lets get ready together" and a "can you brush my hair?" kind of love.

I want a 10pm kind of love. A ‘waiting up for our kids’ kind of love. A ‘fancy dinner’ kind of love. A ‘fuzzy blanket and arms around my waist’ kind of love. I want sneaking ice cream from the freezer after the kids are in bed, and laughing at shenanigans. I want to go driving at night and to go stargazing in the bed of a truck. A ‘dancing in the kitchen’ and ‘accidentally falling asleep on the couch’ kind of love. 

I want a 3am kind of love. A ‘wiping away my tears’ kind of love. A "come here, I love you" kind of love. A ‘cuddling closer’ kind of love. I want you to hand me our fussy baby to feed him, and to wake up briefly to see you pacing the floor with him. I want to both be up praying for people on our heart. A "the baby's coming!" and a "grab the hospital bag and get in the car" kind of love.

I want a 3:30pm kind of love. A "how's work going darlin’?" kind of love. A "how can I help?" kind of love. I want you to rub my shoulders while I work and listen to my frustrations with my characters. I want to go dance in the rain. I want flowers appearing on my desk with a cute notecard. I want to look up and see you smiling and wink at me over tiny children attacking me. A "can we have that family over?" and a "how can I join you in this?" kind of love.

I want a 6pm kind of love. A "you look good honey" kind of love. A "can you tie my tie" and a "can you zip up my dress?" kind of love. A ‘picking up the living room cause they'll be here any minute’ kind of love. I want help setting the table and carrying food. A "let's feed people" kind of love. A "bring people without a home into ours" kind of love. An "I'll help with the dishes" kind of love. 

I want a 5am kind of love. An "I'll hold your hair back" kind of love. A "come back to bed" kind of love. I want to watch the sun come up through the window and touch your face before falling back asleep. I want to hide from the noisy feet of our kids for the two seconds before they jump on us. A "go back to sleep" kind of love. An "I'll take care of the sick kid if you take care of the mess and sheets" kind of love.

I want a 1pm kind of love. A "lets go swimming at grandma's" kind of love. An iced coffees, sweet tea, and card games kind of love. I want to cuddle on the couch in the middle of the day while I read my book. I want to go fly a kite in the park. I want to go hiking and get you to carry my water for me. A "lets go on an adventure" kind of love. An "I love that swimsuit babe" kind of love.  

I want an all-day all-the-time kind of love. A "come join me" kind of love. A "let's do life together" kind of love. I want to wash our bathroom and to grocery shopping. I want to pack the car and to go visit friends for the day. A "are you ready to go?" and a "let me carry that for you" kind of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment